On 17-03-20 11:36 AM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
I have a small box "VIA Eden Processor 1200MHz" it runs my asterisk and
hylafax but it is powered by those external 12V adapters (12V 5A).

They don't usually last long, max 2-years or less.  I have a spare unit:
Switching Adapter Power Supply.
The box is in remote location so if it goes down due to PS I have to
there and restart it, it shut down twice on me this morning; I think
this adapter is going slowly.

If find/connect 12V adapter with higher Amps 10A or 15A will it help
extend the live of the these external power supplies?

Or take one of the old PS from an old case and solder the tip to 12V
line is better solution?

The higher current rating unit should run cooler thus live longer. If the psu from the old case has a well filtered output should do quite well. Since most desk-top psu are fan cooled could be an added bonus.

--
Ted Ozolins
Cranbrook, BC