Kai Krakow wrote:
> Am Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:39:04 -0500
> schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Kai Krakow wrote:

>>  [...]
>>> This suggests that one of the other addons is your real problem...
>>>

>> How is that?  It works fine without Ghostery?  What I suspect is
>> happening, Ghostery and some other addon clashes.  I suspect that if I
>> removed the other addons and installed Ghostery, it would work fine.
>> After all, if it was as slow as it was when I installed it for
>> everyone else, people would be complaining, a lot.  It renders
>> Firefox basically unusable.  I just don't have time to test it to see
>> which one it clashes with right now.
>>
>> I have quite a few addons installed.  This isn't the first time I've
>> had two addons clash.
> Okay, point for you: The clash is maybe your real problem. ;-)
>
> But as I read in the other reply, you fixed it by rebuilding some
> packages. I think I stopped using Firefox completely when those
> graphics acceleration problems started. BTW, this is even a problem
> with older Intel drivers in Windows.
>
> And I eventually also stopped using Firefox because it becomes a
> sluggish monster with many addons installed. Poor quality addons are a
> real problem for it.

That would be Alan not me.  There's where the confusion came in.
Ghostery was mentioned, I mentioned trying it, did try it and then
posted the results for me.  The thread sort of went slightly off topic
for just a bit.

Firefox does get slow and I have removed some unused addons but some I
just have to have.  If I can find time and figure out which one, maybe I
can send some feedback and let the two addons devs hash out the
problem.  It may make both addons better for everyone, not just little
ole me.

Dale

:-)  :-)