On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017 19:14:10 Philip Webb wrote:
> 170419 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > I gave up on konqueror as a browser during KDE-3 and switched to Dolphin
> > as file manager in KDE-4. Have you considered that?
>
> I've never used Konqueror as a file-manager, but regularly use Krusader,
> which I strongly recommend for all heavy-lifting of files/directories.

Thanks Philip, I had used Krusader in the past and you encouraged me to give
it another spin.  Icons for menus still don't show up and no matter what I
select under Panels/Selection Mode, it still requires double click to open
files or directories.  Plus it has no side panel for switching fast to other
places, remote servers, et al.

I am probably missing some specific Plasma packages to control all this, which
my selective installation of meta packages hasn't dragged in (yet).
--
Regards,
Mick