170420 Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:
>> On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017 19:14:10 Philip Webb wrote:
>>> I've never used Konqueror as a file-manager, but regularly use Krusader,
>>> which I strongly recommend for all heavy-lifting of files/directories.
>> Thanks Philip, I had used Krusader in the past and you encouraged me to give
>> it another spin.  Icons for menus still don't show up and no matter what I
>> select under Panels/Selection Mode, it still requires double click to open
>> files or directories.  Plus it has no side panel for switching fast to other
>> places, remote servers, et al.
> It did the same when I peeked in on it too.  For me, this worked.
> Settings, Configure Krusader, Panels, Selection Mode.  The check Obey
> KDE's Global Selection Policy.  It's not a easy setting to find
> when you go blindly looking for it.  If like me you have KDE set
> to single click, a single click should open things up.

Krusader worked properly with Fluxbox, so it shouldn't need KDE desktop,
but you're correct that you need to go carefully thro' its config options.
There are fast-switching options, but you may have to look for them :
you can set bookmarks at the top of each panel,
which I use to access an external site via Fuse among other places,
& there's an option to call up a directory tree.
The Krusader WWW site has a PDF manual you can download.
Take a bit of time to look at everything Krusader offers.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca