On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 08:51:22AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > It did help. It's emerged okay.
> >
> > In my experience, internal GCC errors that show up intermittently
> > and/or only under heavly load usually means failing RAM (or more
> > rarely, some other hardware problem: something bad on the PCI bus,
> > failing swap parition, etc.).
> >
> > I'd run memtest86 overnight, if I were you...
>
> Oo-er! I hope it's not that: this box is only just out of guarantee.

I can confirm this. End of last year I experienced more and more internal
errors. Turned out that I indeed had a faulty RAM module. The fault was
shown by memtest86 almost instantly. I then rebuilt my system from scratch,
because I coulnd't know what parts of my system had already been affected.

Thankfully I have two of those 16 gig kits installed, so I can still run
comfortably on half the fumes.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.

One cannot be too careful when choosing one’s enemies.