Why?

emerging htop yields this message:
 *   CONFIG_CGROUPS:     is not set when it should be.
 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
 * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.

Gee, I can use top without cgroups support. I thought I might use htop
as well. Anyone knows why I _should_ use a kernel with cgroups
support? Just curious, not a big deal. I can do without htop if I
must.

(I'm not suggesting that cgroups doesn't have valid use cases. But a
graphic version of top? Really? Please help me to understand. I want
to do the _correct_ thing, and I wouldn't want my dog to die for lack
of cgroups support.)

thanks

Jorge Almeida