On 04/30/2017 05:04 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:18:42 PM CEST Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 04/30/2017 05:25 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
  So much for that wiki entry.  BTW, I ended up putting...

sys-devel/gcc graphite

...in package.use.  The "graphite" USE flag means something entirely
different for harfbuzz, i.e. build against media-libs/harfbuzz against
media-gfx/graphite2

Btw, I don't think that USE flag is useful for anything, unless you put
the graphite optimization flags in your CFLAGS (-floop-interchange
-floop-strip-mine -floop-block). If you don't use those, there shouldn't
be a reason to enable the graphite flag.

Is there any benefit from using graphite and these CFLAGS on a current Gentoo
system?

Using a simple google-search, I can't find anything recent.

What Rasmus said, but the differences aren't going to be noticeable in general use. For heavy number crunching (like video encoding) or huge batch jobs or high-traffic servers maybe, but for normal desktop PC use there's not going to be a difference.