Hello, Jorge.

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 09:46:41 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> In case someone is using kernel 4.11: I tried it and everything seems
> fine, except that the linux logo on the boot screen (i.e. tty1) is
> gone. It was there before (with 4.10.9), and I used make oldconfig.

> So, anyone with the same experience?

> Note that I'm talking about the vanilla kernel from kernel.org, off
> portage (hence the OT in the title).

I've put gentoo-sources-4.11.0 on my new machine, in an attempt to get
sound working (the sound chip has a new Realtek codec S1220A which
allegedly has been implemented in 4.11).

I see 16 Tuxen at boot up, no problem.

Something strange happened when I installed the 4.11.0 sources - all the
options were initialised to what they were in my 4.9.16 running kernel.
This saved me a lot of time.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).