On 05/15/2017 10:59 PM, taii...@gmx.com wrote:

On 05/15/2017 12:58 AM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

The 990FX / 790FX Chipset doesn't have a GART / AGP Aperature or IOMMU
in it.  The CPU contains the original K8 IOMMU ( v1 ) engineered /
converted from a GART.

The 8 and 9 series (not 7) does have an IOMMU, AMD-Vi v1.26.

I have two 890 series (but the server flavor - SR5690 chipset) boards with an IOMMU and it works great, I play games in a VM with an attached graphics card on my libre firmware KGPE-D16 and devices are DMA restricted.

Most consumer boards don't properly implement this feature, in fact I have never seen one that did which is why I bought my coreboot (libre init variant) D16. It wouldn't be that difficult to port coreboot to your board if you want this to work FYI.

To be clear, it is present on the northbridge chipset not the CPU - AMD documentation backs this up.