On Tuesday 30 May 2017 02:20:44 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 05/29/2017 10:13 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:05:02PM +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote
> >
> >> Ühel kenal päeval, E, 29.05.2017 kell 14:47, kirjutas Walter Dnes:

> >> mount -oremount,size=1G /dev/shm
> >>
> >> Provided it's a tmpfs like it is for me.
> >>
> >    Thanks; that pointed me in the right direction.  The command gave me a
> >
> > response "mount: /dev/shm not mounted or bad option".  After some trial
> > and error, I found I had to...
> >
> > mount -o remount,size=1G /dev
>
> That does not look correct. /dev/shm should be a separate mount point,
> independent of /dev.

+1

Perhaps it could not be unmounted at the time Walter tried it and this is why
it failed.  If a specific size is required then it can also be added into the
fstab:

none      /dev/shm        tmpfs   defaults,size=1G        0 0

Then umount followed by mount /dev/shm should get the desired size.
--
Regards,
Mick