Mick wrote:

> On Thursday 08 Jun 2017 13:21:56 Jörg Schaible wrote:
>> > Yes, this seems to be the problem.  Starting Kmail does not launch
>> > kwalletd5 and as a consequence kmail starts asking for each email
>> > account password separately.
>> >
>> > I guess until kmail:5 is installed I will have to start kwalletd5 by
>> > hand.
>>
>> My situation is different, since I use kwallet-pam. That one will start
>> kwallet5 automatically and I am not asked by KMail for passwords (after
>> it now also uses kwallet5).
>
> I'm puzzled:  I have kde-plasma/kwallet-pam-5.8.6 installed, but it will
> *not*
> start kwalletd5.  Bear in mind though, I do not run a full plasma desktop.

Do you run SDDM? Do you have those two lines in it?

-auth           optional        pam_kwallet5.so
-session        optional        pam_kwallet5.so auto_start

Does your system password match the password of your wallet?

> Running Krusader:5 and trying to connect to a remote system starts
> kwalletd5 fine, but running kmail:4 it does not.

Does kmail:4 work after krusader:5 started kwallet5?

>> > Hmm ... I thought kde-apps/knotify:4 was replaced with kde-
>> > frameworks/knotifyconfig:5?
>>
>> I simply recognized following line in the error log:
>>
>> akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent(6002)/kdeui (KNotification)
>> KNotification::slotReceivedIdError: Error while contacting notify daemon
>> "The name org.kde.knotify was not provided by any .service files"
>>
>> After installing knotify:4 I suddenly got desktopn messages from KMail
>> again.

[snip]

> I think both kwallet:4 and knotify:4 should have been retained as
> dependencies
> until all kde:4 packages are removed from portage.  I can think why
> knotify should be in world, since it ought to be a dependency for kdepim-
> meta/kdepimlibs/kdepim-runtime, all of which are I have installed here.

For me kwallet5 actually replaced kwallet:4 with the latest update. And I am
glad about it, because the two wallets started to diverge and I had no
longer a kwalletmanager:4.

Cheers,
Jörg