Starting a few months back, I've noticed that on some of my machines,
Firefox has started to use rediculous amounts of CPU and memory. It
will burn 100% of a CPU for minutes at a time while apparently doing
nothing.  Opening 2-3 tabs will use up 1-2 GB of RAM.  Doing the same
thing thing in Chrome uses 0% CPU (once pages are rendered) and less
that 1/10 the RAM.

I've got the same version of Firefox with the same set of extensions
on other machines that don't seem to have issues.

Is there any useful troubleshooting one can do (e.g. uninstalling
extensions one at a time)?  Or is it finally time to give up on
Firefox?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are you still an
                                  at               ALCOHOLIC?