On 2017-06-26 19:18, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> Sometimes the clipboard contents even disappear if you exit the
> application you copied from. Start Google Chrome. Select the URL bar.
> Press Ctrl+C. Quit Google Chrome. Try Ctrl+V somewhere. It's gone. The
> clipboard content you just copied from Chrome is gone.

I think this is a feature, for privacy reasons.  pass (the password
manager) does the same with passwords it puts into the clipboard.

> It's a good old huge big effing mess, as usual. The year of the Linux
> desktop will probably be the one where the freakin' clipboard actually
> works, because we still can't get it right in 2017.

This I agree with ;-)

One program that gets it 90% right is emacs.  So, I often end up pasting
into the emacs scratch buffer and re-copying from there, as a workaround.