On 29 July 2017 at 12:19, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 July 2017 at 12:03, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Don't use kmail
>>
>> Seriously, why are putting up with the pain that POS is causing you?
>> You've been posting about serious kmail and akonadi issues for about 4
>> years now if memory serves, and it has never gotten better. It probably
>> never will :-)
>>
>> It must be well more than 4 years.  What can I say, you are right, I must
> be glutton for punishment. LOL!
>
> TBH, it has been serving me fine for quite a few years now, although the
> migration to akonadi was a painful affair by all accounts.  This was
> originally caused by me using POP3 and a tonne of filters.  I moved to
> IMAP4 and few filters and it all worked relatively painlessly since.
>
> This however must be a postgresql related error, as it worked fine before
> I removed version 9.5.  Any idea what this "Invalid database object during
> initial database connection" might be and how to recover from it?

Hmm, even more symlinks have been broken,  This time I spotted
/usr/bin/psql pointing to a non-existent ../lib64/postgresql-9.5/bin/psql.
I came across it when I tried to connect to the database manually and
couldn't run psql, but could run psql96.  I'm still not sure if I did
something wrong this time during the upgrade and migration and what it
might have been, of if something else is amiss and merits a bug report.

akonadi is still uncooperative.  :-(

It must be related to whatever it runs to start postgres.
--
Regards,
Mick