Hi, Alexander.

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 15:08:37 +0300, among other, you wrote:

> > Alright. Here is an example of the problematic line from the point
> of view of "Gentoo's" bash:
>
> read 'Enter device (like /dev/sd(a1,b1,...): ' device
>
> Until i remove the brackets, "Gentoo's" bash keeps error messaging.
>

> The line from your script above doesn't seem to have a matching right
> hand side bracket.

Not that i want to discuss the line and the script as whole, but as you
noticed...

Why it should contain corresponding bracket since it is not code but a
text string, more over non-interpolated? -- I can write within
apostrophes anything i want.

Again, bash complains about unacceptable identification, not the number
of brackets. So, corresponding number of brackets does not solve the
problem.

> Try running your script in trace mode like so, bash -x script, to
> further troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you for the point and time,
Sthu.