On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:07:03 -0400,
Rich Freeman wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 10:58 PM, John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, clone-depth = 0 gave me a syntax error
>
> Can you provide the entire contents of your repos.conf, and the error
> it gives you?
>
> I wouldn't use a manual checkout for /usr/portage.  You can of course
> do a checkout elsewhere but your permissions will probably get messed
> up if you checkout /usr/portage by hand.

Well, I don't have the error message anymore and I did what I thought
you suggested -- beffore I got your last message -- I just did a git
clone of the repository to /usr/portage and the only unusual thing was
the first time I ran portage, it did its global updates and it seems
to be working.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici