On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 00:06:08 -0400,
Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> On 2017-07-29 11:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
> > On 29/07/2017 10:51, John Covici wrote:
> > > Hi.  In my latest world update, portage wants to include this new
> > > package dev-python/whoosh.  The package fails to compile and googling
> > > and searching bgo yields nothing.
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport'
> > > distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > >  * The specific snippet of code:
> > >  *           sphinx-build -b html -c docs/source/ docs/source/
> > > docs/source/build/html || die;
> >
> > File a bug at bgo
>
> What was the conclusion of this?  After syncing my portage wants to
> build this too (the same exact version), and I'm afraid to let it
> proceed lest I land in a mess.
>
> I couldn't find any relevant filed bug, either.

I have not had a chance to file a bug, but I got it working by doing
the following:
whoosh was looking for
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
    pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport'
    distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
    So, I emerged that, but I had to use --nodeps because it wanted
    whoosh first, and after doing that I was able to emerge whoosh.  Very
    nuts.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici