On 15/08/2017 14:49, Grant wrote:
> I'm trying to get started on my first Gentoo install on ZFS.  My
> remote server is booted to a Gentoo LiveCD and I've SSH'ed in but it
> looks like the CD doesn't have ZFS tools:
>
> livecd ~ # zpool status
> -bash: zpool: command not found
>
> Can I pull this off from here or do I need to mail a different CD to my host?
>
> This server has 6 SSDs and I'm planning to set up a 2-way stripe and
> 3-way mirror.  Any tips that might help me pull this off?
>
> - Grant

The Gentoo LiveCD is really nothing more than a feel-nice tool for
people who want to install Gentoo from a Gentoo tool; it is very much
completely not required.

Do your install from any medium you feel like as long as it has all the
tools you need.

I suppose you *could* emerge the zfs tools on the running LiveCD system
if it supports fs merging but it's probably easier to use a medium that
already has everything you want

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com