On 15 August 2017 20:17:20 GMT+02:00, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> I can't recall if I did this myself in a moment of security induced
>> inspiration.  I doubt I did.  So how did this happen?  What is
>responsible for
>> mounting this fs?
>>

>It looks like this never did turn into a news item:
>https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/35304b0db4de9e06fea322275379fa81
>
>You can remount it as rw if your tools don't do it automatically.  It
>might not hurt to file a bug if one doesn't already exist for the tool
>that isn't remounting it.

I think mounting it as RO makes sense. Similarly to mounting /boot as RO.

Difference is, and this is why a newsitem would have been useful, /boot is in
your fstab and you (should) know you set it to not automount and/or RO.

The efi mount is done automagically and any flags are usually not set by the
user/admin.

At least I now know this to be the case when I end up updating the few machines
I set up to boot directly using EFI without a bootloader.

--
Joost