On 2017-09-02 21:05, Simon Thelen wrote:

> > Motivation: I want to add a route for a point-to-point interface.

> You probably only need to list the peer address on a single line and
> then that peer should become routable.

The problem was that _two_ routes were being added: the host-specific
one (which was what I wanted), but _also_ one for a non-CIDR network
based on the peer IP.  Since the address was a 10.* address, I ended up
with a /8 route, which was definitely not wanted.

I got around it by suffixing the address with /32.  But I am surprised
that iproute2 apparently cannot explicilty set the IFF_POINTOPOINT flag
(ifconfig can).