I have a network of very nearly identical Dell XPS 13 laptops that I
manage with a script.  The master pushes the contents of its
filesystem to the others so I only have to manage one system.  It's
worked really well over several years.  I just got a new Dell XPS 13
to serve as the master and there have been some changes that were
difficult to integrate with the network (high-res screen, /dev/sda
replaced with /dev/nvme0n0) but those problems are fixed thanks to you
guys.

Now I'm running into "trap invalid opcode" errors on the older
systems.  Can I disable some of the newer CPU instruction sets on the
master laptop when compiling to hopefully generate binaries that will
work on the older systems?  If so, could anyone point me in the right
direction?  I don't want to use distcc please.

CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

- Grant