On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 07:55:43AM +0200, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
> I suppose it's due to Google's choice to support only Chrome, although I
> missed the Gentoo
> news bit if there was one.
>
> For Android there is the really good Open Street Map application, are there
> any desktop
> alternatives in Portage for non-Chrome users? I know OSM has a web interface
> but I'd
> prefer a standalone application.

Coincidentally, I am looking for a program with which to manage a collection
of locations. Many a year ago I did this with Googleearth – it offered a
tree in which I sorted all sorts of locations, mostly places that I have
been on holiday, with my school class, on tour with choirs and so on.

In the end I would like to be able to view a map of my
area/country/continent with a cloud of colourful flags/markers.

I don’t really want to use Osmand for this even though it uses kml(?), the
same format used by Googleearth. The reason being I only have a small-screen
Android device which screen is not comfortable enough for this task and its
storage space (for maps) is rather limited.

I had a quick look at viking, but I couldn’t really get a hang of the UI and
I got the impression that it’s not meant for this kind of use case.

I do use marble now and again, but unfortunately, it does not have a marker
feature at all.

Can anyone give a suggestion? Cheerio.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Freedom for the pavements -- death to the dogs!