On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Melleus <mell...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Simon Thelen <gentoo-u...@c-14.de> writes:
>
>>> This config doesn't work either. It looks like something is seriously
>>> broken in this version of Xmonad (0.13). It's a pity that it has a stable
>>> keyword. Will wait for updates. Sorry for the noise. And thank you for
>>> attention.
>> I'm running 0.13 (and have been since February) so I doubt it's that.
>> Though it could be related to the earlier issue with the state file. I
>> didn't delete that in my tests.
>
> It (v0.13) does have bugs: a bug with that xmonad.state file that keeps
> appearing, a bug with xmobar that one have to put docksEventHook in
> config to make it respect the size of other windows again, configs from
> previous versions that do not work like they should. I understand that
> those are minor bugs for experienced users, but the testing keyword for
> this version would benefit and save from trouble such new converts to
> Gentoo as I am.

This is the reason I suggest following the repository (via secure
checkout, which some ebuilds do not do). There is a strange place in
between "Debian stable" and "live checkout" that tends to have more
harder to fix bugs than the "live checkout" version does. The problem
with "Debian stable" is that it typically is lacking features an
informed user would want.

If you end up fixing the issue in the live version then you can more
easily submit a pull request. If not, you can still revert to an old
release.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1