On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:29:52 +0100
Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to ditch KMail and switch to mail-client/claws-mail, but I
> can't see how to set it up to receive emails from my ISP. It appears
> to run, but it doesn't fetch anything. Even KMail can do that ;-)
>
> The claws log shows me logging in, then out again without doing
> anything.
>
> Can anyone offer the clueless a clue, please?

Hi Peter,

There is no much information to understand what exactly you tried
already.
I use claws-mail for a few years now, have no issues, it's a great
mail client, but whenever I want to start fresh I do go around all
settings (general) and account and tweak things, so I don't remember
what defaults are.

Take a look at "Configuration > Preferences" under  "Mail Handlig >
Receiving" in "Automatic checking" section "Check for new mail on
start-up" is set (if you want this) (interval checking if you
want that as well).

Also take a look at "Configuration > Edit Accounts" then select your
account and "Edit", under "Account > Receive" is "'Get Mail' checks for
new messages on this account" set.

Regards,
Branko