On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:56:40 +0200
tu...@posteo.de wrote:

> On 10/23 09:56, Stroller wrote:
> >
> > > On 22 Oct 2017, at 16:50, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> > >
> > > for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
> > > facebook.
> > >
> > > And now it seems that I cant with out it:
> > > There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
> > > and veryone and everything is referencing it.
> > >
> > > My question is:
> > > Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
> > > just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
> > > and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
> > > small as ever possible?
> >
> > I joined Facebook for the first time this week, for similar reasons
> > as, and with similar reservations to, you.
> >
> > When people upload a photo of you, it performs facial recognition
> > and they can "tag" you as being in the photo. You don't have to
> > upload a photo of yourself (I'm thinking of trying one in
> > sunglasses) and in the privacy settings you're also able to forbid
> > people from tagging you.
> >
> > There are quite granular settings to allow anyone but friends to
> > see or post on your timeline - I was quite impressed by how much
> > privacy appears to be available to users. I suspect this allows you
> > more privacy from you family and colleagues than it does from
> > Facebook, though.
> >
> > Stroller.
> >

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot for all the input...it seems not only my problem which I
> have with facehook.
>
> I will try th docker-way at first.
> But: I am a total (in words: "total") newbie when it comes to docker.
> And as I want "only" to encapsulate my inner self from the faces in
> that book (and for the first dont need to explore the huge planet of
> docker)...does one know of a good documentation for that
> purpose...something like: "Facebook for Dummies: How to use docker
> for anon access to facebook" ...or something like that ... ;)

Well, here is very compressed "how to start" (partly from top of my
head):

1. emerge app-emulation/docker and /etc/init.d/docker start
2. Add yourself to docker group; re-login
3. Choose docker image that you like on hub.docker.com; for example:
https://hub.docker.com/r/openhs/firefox-ubuntu/ as I have mentioned in
previous mail.  It's what I've made for myself and published.
4. Follow instructions for your chosen image how to run it.  For the
openhs/firefox-ubuntu image above, the following command should start
Firefox:

$ docker run --name firefox -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY --device /dev/snd \
-v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
-v $XAUTHORITY:/tmp/.host_Xauthority:ro -dti openhs/firefox-ubuntu

What it does is: from image openhs/firefox-ubuntu it creates container
named 'firefox' and starts it.  (The image is downloaded automatically.)

This long command is needed only for the first time.  Next time you can
start it with:

$ docker start firefox

Some basic docker commands:

$ docker ps [-a] - lists running containers [or all containers]
$ docker images - lists images
$ docker rm [container_name] - removes container
$ docker rmi [image_name] - removes image

The official documentation is pretty good:
https://docs.docker.com/get-started/

Regards,
Robert

--