I'm trying to set up ALSA on my new computer. I ran lspci to find out
what sound card I had:

camille ~ # lspci -v | grep -i 'audio'
0000:00:1b.0 Class 0403: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6
Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

Then I cross-referenced it in the ALSA Matrix.  I found (I think) that I
should be using the intel8x0 driver.  The Matrix page said that I should
modprobe snd-card-intel8x0, but when I do that it comes up missing:

camille ~ # modprobe snd-card-intel8x0
FATAL: Module snd_card_intel8x0 not found.

I'm pretty sure I have support for the module compiled into the kernel.
What should I do?