On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:45:53 +0000

> You would have thought it was easy to take a spur off of a socket that's
> part of a ring main,

It used to be easy enough - provided that the spur had no more than two
single sockets or one double. Maybe the regs have changed yet again.

> but believe me, as an amateur sparky it's NOT! They
> sell special points - often with a switch - to take a feed off a ring,
> and they all have a - mandatory - 16Amp fuse. Or they might take a
> standard 13Amp fuse.

I've never seen anything like that, but then I've been retired for 29
years. Come to think of it, that's long enough to include several changes
of the regs. One wonders just where it's all going to end.

--
Regards,
Peter.