Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Is there any way to make the patches under /etc/portage/patches
> applicable to more than a single exact version of each package?  Right
> now, every time I emerge -u I have to check if I have patches for a
> package on the updated list, and if so make a new subdirectory for the
> new version and copy or link the patches there [1].  This is a chore I
> could live without.  So my question is if there's any wildcard mechanism
> to match multiple versions.
>
> [1] Some fail to apply of course but that's ok, still less work to see
> which ones fail than to try checking separately each patch if it applies
> or not.

Unless I want it to apply only to a specific version, I don't use
versions.  This is a example of how the directory/files are for a patch
that allows kwrite to run as root.

/etc/portage/patches/kde-apps/kwrite/allow-root.patch

If I wanted it to apply to only one version, I could add that like you
do on yours.  Since you want yours to apply to all version like mine,
make yours look sort of like mine.  It works here so it should work for
you as well, if the patch works of course.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)