On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for detailed and clear replies.  You'd forgive me for being (a
> little) paranoid about Poettering's fingers getting anywhere near my systems.
> :-p

Are you sure you need udisks? And policykit? I'm guessing you have
some default USE variables which if removed would contribute to a
cleaner system. I just checked the documentation about udisks in the
freedesktop site. I didn't manage to understand why it would be useful
(my fault, probably) but I understood enough to decide I wouldn't want
such stuff in my system.

(Of course, the aforementioned fingers are exceedingly sticky. We all
have to live with udev, after all...)

Regards

Jorge Almeida