On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:43:35PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote

> Unmerge it anyway and then rebuild iproute2. It seems like an automagic
> dep. It should not be using db when the berkdb USE flag is not set.
> Since it does, it's a bug.
>
> However, rebuilding it after unmerging db should fix it.
>
> With that being said, do a "quickpkg sys-libs/db" first to get a tarball
> backup, just to be safe if you need to restore it.

  Thanks.  I unmerged iproute2 (notwithstanding the dire warning),
depcleaned, then "emerge -1 iproute2", followed by revdep-rebuild which
shows all-clear.  I've successfully rebooted stand-alone, and am now
finishing off the install.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>