On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 11:32:16 +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
>
> > But virtual/service-manager is using openrc. How do i point this to
> > systemd?
>
> By having systemd installed. A virtual is just a list of packages that
> provide the functionality needed. As long as one of them is installed, it
> is happy. If not, it installs the first in the list.

Ok, thanks. The system profile warning below had me worried, but from what
you're said it appears that the warning is generated on an unsophisticated
check, and in this case is a false positive.

# emerge -pv --depclean sys-apps/openrc net-misc/netifrc sys-apps/sysvinit

Calculating dependencies... done!
  sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r9 pulled in by:
    sys-apps/systemd-236-r1 requires sys-apps/sysvinit

>>> Calculating removal order...

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

 net-misc/netifrc
    selected: 0.6.0
   protected: none
     omitted: none

!!! 'sys-apps/openrc' (virtual/service-manager) is part of your system
profile.
!!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.

 sys-apps/openrc
    selected: 0.34.11
   protected: none
     omitted: none

All selected packages: =net-misc/netifrc-0.6.0 =sys-apps/openrc-0.34.11