On 01/01 10:34, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 09:24:46PM +0100, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> > […]
> > For displaying (the illusion of) different shades of gray, one need
> > to convert the colored image into a so called "dithered" black and
> > white image (newspapers often use this trick).
> > Since -- in difference to the newspapers -- the pixels all have the
> > same size and can only be switched on or off only a few dithering
> > methods can be applied from which I want to choose the best suited
> > for a certain image.
> >
> > The only problem: Which software can do this kind of conversion?
>
> The obvious answer Gimp has three methods. Open your photo, select Image →
> Mode → Indexed. Select 1 bit colour depth and choose between the dithering
> methods at the bottom of the dialog.
>
> --
> Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
> Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
>
> The bad thing about Wikipedia jokes is
> - Deleted due to lack of relevance. -

Hi Frank,

thanks for your help! :)
Yes, Gimp would be one possibility...but I forgot to mention, that
I am looking for a command line tool...
I want to do 'mass dithering' and want neither a gui nor a
heavy program like The Gimp.

I checked pbmplus and found no useful part for that porpuse...

Cheers
Meino