Hi,

I have further info to that listed below.

As stated below, I followed the same instructions to set this up in
Gentoo as I did in Fedora Core.  However, this morning, I was doing a
google search to see if I could find more information.  The document
that I followed has had a revision and now to create an ODBC connection
to a MySQL database, you need 2 things:

1) MyODBC, which I have installed, and
2) MySQL-shared

The documentation that this was taken from was using an rpm based system
for the example, and ergo, the MySQL-shared referenced was an rpm package.

I've tried googling for 'mysql-shared and gentoo', but I can't figure
out what Gentoo package this might refer to.

Does anyone know?

Regards,

Colleen