On 01/21/18 11:15, Daniel Frey wrote:
On 12/31/17 08:28, Daniel Frey wrote:
On 12/31/17 06:12, Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
Did you perform this action:

rc-update add localmount default

?

On my machine (as per my other post) it's in the boot runlevel.

Dan

OK, after turning on some logging I figured out what's happening.

When localmount runs /dev/sdc has not been created yet. Presumably it is getting created after localmount runs.

I suspect that this is because there's a delay during kernel initialization that loads firmware for some TV tuners I have, and after this I can see that /dev/sdc is created.

So the question now is... is it safe to add a delay to localmount? Or is there a better way (like... can I tell the kernel to wait a few seconds before running init?)

As this is mounted twice (local access and nfs access) in fstab, it would be best to fix it before localmount runs.

Dan

OK, I found the rootdelay paramater but it didn't do what it needed (presumably because the root partition wasn't mounted so creating entries in /dev didn't happen any faster.)

I added the following three lines to add a delay:

        # Delay to allow devices to register
        einfo "Waiting for RAID devices to settle/register..."
        sleep 25

I've rebooted a few times and it starts up correctly now. I don't really care if that PC starts in two seconds, I need it to start up consistently as it's acting as a server.

Dan