On Wed, Jan 24 2018, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM, allan gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I ran the build failed twice, each time with MAKEOPTS="--jobs=1" and the
>> build logs are essentially identical.  After about 12 hours compiling and
>> 36MB of build.log, the error shown below occurs
>>
>> I have two laptops with *very* similar gentoo distributions.  The newer
>> machine had a successful build first try.  The second older (4 years)
>> machine had both failures.  Each machine has profile
>> default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/systemd
>
> If the USE flags for chromium on both machines are the same, simply create
> a binary package from the machine that already built it.
>
> machine1:
>
> $ quickpkg --include-config=y www-client/chromium
>
> machine2
>
> $ sync --delete -Pvase ssh machine1:/usr/portage/packages/
> /usr/portage/packages/
> $ emerge --nodeps -1Kv www-client/chromium

Canek,

Again thank you for your recipe.

I have two questions, one trivial, one hopefully easy.

1. (trivial) In your recipe did you mean "rsync", not "sync"?

2. I have a number of quickpkgs built.  Is it needed that
   they all be updated and some removed or can I just do
   the following command

   rsync -Pvase ssh machine1:/var/portage/packages/www-client \
                             /var/portage/packages

   Notes: I use /var not /usr for portage
          machine2 has no dir /var/portage/packages/www-client

Thanks in advance,
allan