On 02/01/2018 11:50 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
etc is from the Latin et cetera, meaning "I couldn't be bothered thinking of any more".

~chuckle~

IMHO that makes the name of the "/etc" directory all that much more entertaining. As in Dennis R. and Ken T. couldn't be bothered to come up with more directory names than they had, e.g. /bin /lib /boot /var … (I can't be bothered to think of or look for more.)

Yes, the puns are intended.  }:-)

P.S. I find this thread interesting and timely as I had been thinking about researching the etymology and use of "i.e.".

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die