On 02/02/2018 00:52, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 06:55:30PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:12:07 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:

Well, as long as we're explaining grammar, I'll elaborate a tiny bit
more since a lot of people (including native English speakers) get
these wrong.
[snip]
I figured that would make
the example more confusion which would defeat the purpose.
                    ~~~~~~~~~
MUPHRY'S LAW: The principle that any criticism of the writing of others
will itself contain at least one grammatical error.

And don't get me started on people using "which" when they should be using
"that".

(In this case, which is correct but it should have a preceding comma).

When your reading this sentance, you fill find their are definately some
errors in it’s spelling. That is a art less and less people can make proper
use of.

*SCNR*

PS.: As a non-native, I always found e.g. and i.e. easy to keep apart
because when you say "e.g." as a word without the dots, it becomes "eg",
which, phonetically, is the start of the word "example".

As a native English speaker I can never remember the precedence rules about its and it's...

I vote we dump English in it's entirety and all switch to Python

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com