On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 21:06:15 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:

> > And don't get me started on people using "which" when they should be
> > using "that".
> >
> > (In this case, which is correct but it should have a preceding
> > comma).
>
> Please defend / expound upon your statement.  -  Because I'd like to
> learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_relative_clauses#That_or_which_for_non-human_antecedents

This mentions Fowlers, the reference that Peter said to read.

Unfortunately, the distinction, and so the subtleties of meaning, is
falling into disuse, even in professionally written copy.

But its a bad habit which I will never get into!

--
Neil Bothwick

The word 'Windows' is a word out of an old dialect of the Apaches.
It means: 'White man staring through glass-screen onto an hourglass...')