On Friday, 2 February 2018 20:05:21 GMT Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 01:03 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > But its a bad habit which I will never get into!
>
> Couldn't you have said "…habit that I…" in the fact that you were
> referencing a specific habit, not just a generic place holder?

Nope. He said it's a bad habit. Then he said he'll never get into it. So
'which' was right; he was merely adding another thought, not limiting what
he'd said before.

It has nothing to do with place holders; it's about defining or not
defining. As Fowler made clear, though his later revisionists have watered
him down.

--
Regards,
Peter.