All microsoft software is inherently less secure.  You see, like many companies
based here in amerika microsoft notifies nsa of bugs and does not patch them or
notify anyone else until nsa says so, i.e. not unless/until nsa thinks they
don't need the indirect back door "accidentally" included back door.  much
harder but not impossible with linux and not at all difficult when you
infiltrate development, as nsa did with one of the encrypted filesystems.
please see
<https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/09/the_nsa_is_brea.html> for an
idea of how it really works here and elsewhere.   And don't think they
harass/pressure/or are cooperated with by companies world wide.  The point
being that once backdoors are in there is little to do.  Hp and Dell (and
doubtless others we still don't know about) put backdoors in their server
hardware bios's that they claim to not know the workings of.

Remember the "Iran hostage 'crisis'", one of the 3 taken hostage, and likely
the trigger, was working for a SWISS encryption company that had put nsa
backdoors into it's encryption products.  One of their' employees had the
misfortune to be servicing the product in Iran when it leaked out.

the point being that anyone who leaves/creates backdoors is making a way for
others to violate the system.  This is seriously damaging the value (in
financial terms) as people realize how grossly insecure it is and indeed that
some of that is deliberate.  some of it is ignorance, badly implemented
security can make things worse and all software adds bugs to a secure system
(part of why it's very bad practice to use a whole pc and os as part of a
voting machine, simpler is nearly always more secure).  Most security breaches
of encrypted and non-encrypted systems is due to a software but, though often
partially a lack of good systems administration.   Apparently the math is good,
but realize nsa employs more mathematicians than any other agency/company,
about 2500+ as i recall, they know things about math that no one else does.

p.s., there are good people at nsa, though fewer than there used to be and
sadly bad attitudes seem now to be required for administrative jobs.  Many have
left do to the most recent "return to the bad old days" as one of them put it
(i.e. during the sixties when amongst other things doctor King, and countless
others were spied on for political ends, i.e. in one of kings hotel rooms there
were over 50 fbi bugs!  that would be a lot of bugs now.

and 702 is still law here, even though it explicitly allows law enforcement
data illegally obtained by "homeland security"( a classic example of new speak)
in court and to LIE about where it came from, i.e. it legalizes perjury on the
part of the state in many cases, the type of thing that usually causes a
mistrial and get's people disbarred and sent to prison, though the defense can
still get in trouble, sometimes.  currently the "rule of law" only applies when
there is no goverment interest.

My country is adding back doors to routers and likely other electronics at
customs, outbound at least but very likely inbound as well.  Despite public
statements many of the tech companies still aid in illegal surveilance,
partially because it makes more of their' privacy policies void and allows them
to collect, process, and sell your' privacy.

do you have a samsung voice controlled tv?  samsung has allowed nsa to use
these tv sets as bugs, which is likely the case with cell phone makers as well.
 Hence the "creepy" notice in the manual that vocal commands are processed off
site, i.e. remotely over the net in all cases.

what happens when a company doesn't comply with illegal orders from nsa?  they
get shut down, remember Qwest (the former provider in colorado etc.), out of
business and replaced by a very slimy competitor, all because they made a "big
deal" over providing nsa with peoples "meta data", often very, very usefull.

I feel badly that my countrie's abandonment of of basic human liberties and our
own constitution/bill of rights, worse about how it is enabling other countries
to do the same and worse.  It is severely damaging the value of the internet
and will result in financial losses globally.

mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
--
God bless the rich, the greedy and the corrupt politicians they have put into
office.   God bless them for helping me do the right thing by giving the rich

28. Feb 2018 17:26 by ri...@gentoo.org: