Floyd Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 23:28:51 -0600
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Floyd Anderson wrote:

>>> Just send an empty mail to:
>>>
>>>    <gentoo-user+ge...@lists.gentoo.org>
>>>
>>> where ‘N’ is the message number, for instance:
>>>
>>>    <gentoo-user+get-182...@lists.gentoo.org>
>>>
>>> and you should receive the requested mail (182749). I got it within
>>> one minute.
>>>

>> Interesting.  The plot thickens.  I sent mine hours ago and got nothing
>> yet, other than the recent replies which are in sequence so far.  This
>> is what I sent to get them:
>>
>> gentoo-user+get-182...@lists.gentoo.org
>
> that should give you [1]
>
>> gentoo-user+get-182...@lists.gentoo.org
>
> and also [2]
>
>> gentoo-user+get-182...@lists.gentoo.org
>
> and finally [3]. The sequence order shouldn’t play any role I think. A
> year ago I got also massive bounces here (due to my mail provider) and
> requested a bunch of (collected) list mails by a script – nearly
> without problems (sometimes I had to do it twice for certain emails).
>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> I don’t think so. Did you previously receive a help message from
> <gentoo-user+h...@lists.gentoo.org>? Or just try your success with
> <gentoo-user+get-182...@lists.gentoo.org> (my previous reply or try
> your own [182794] email), so the Gentoo side can probably be excluded.
>
>> I wonder if google is blocking them. I have to BCC myself to get my
>> replies since google sends them to /dev/null otherwise. Annoying thing.
>
> Since all three emails have the same source, I found some blacklist
> results on [4] but I don’t know whether this is relevant, i.e. I’m
> purely guessing here.

> <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/a29910d5d9a24cb23461a68302c029b1>
>
>   - [2]
> <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/e6b46a7c62da9497d8303e0b9ba255c2>
>
>   - [3]
> <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/49d45fd9a088b5717db8aa847fddeac9>
>
>   - [4] <https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/tnetconsulting.net/>

I did send a help message first, so that I would know exactly what to
do.  I followed it.  Still, I don't think I received anything even now.
I know I didn't get anything new for at least 15 or 20 minutes and even
then, it was a reply to a recent post.  I wouldn't think that would be a
missing message from a few days ago.

Maybe it is something else.  Maybe it is google on my end in this case
anyway.  I dunno.

Dale

:-)  :-)