On Thursday, 15 March 2018 09:00:46 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 07:48:21 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > > I need to "overlap" two PDF file, one on top of another, it is like
> > > watermarking.  I only do it once a year when I print a tax
> > > form/slips.
> >
> > Maybe script your own solution?
> > Extract images from the PDF
> > Overlay the images
> > convert the images back to PDF
>
> Since it's only once a year:
>
> Print one PDF
> Put the paper back in the printer
> Print the other page
>
> It doesn't always pay to overcomplicate things :)

Libreoffice Draw may work too, if the OP is happy to edit contents or fill in
a form manually by typing, rather than merge/overlay two pages into one.

The only problem I have found with LO Draw is if the source pdf document
contains a type face not present in the Linux OS, as is often the case with
pdf forms dished out by various companies.  The character size is then wrong
and I haven't found an easy way of adjusting it.
--
Regards,
Mick