On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a four-core 64-bit Celeron box with 4GB RAM, on which I've just
> installed a standard XFCE system on the desktop profile. It all went as
> expected, but when I ran an emerge -e world at the end I had two failures:
> both glibc and sandbox failed with the error in the subject line.
>
> It's some years since I last saw this error, and I'm stuck. I've looked
> through /etc hoping to find something skew-whiff, and I've compared the
> environment with this box's, but nothing stands out.
>
> Finally, following the hint in the portage output, I ran "FEATURES='-sandbox -
> usersandbox' emerge -1 --color n sandbox". It made no discernible difference.
>
> I've attached the logs etc from sandbox.
>
> Has anyone a clue?

configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

Please take a look at the config.log file in the build directory; this
will probably have more detailed error information. Attach it here if
you would like me to take a look at it.