Jorge Almeida schrieb:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Holly Bostick wrote:

> kde or gnome are DE's. I'm sure every member of the scientific community
> needs at least one,

What would they need that for? And what's the use of the USE
flag? It would make sense, if those *packages* were installed.

> and so putting
> both of the major ones as default may be an user friendly attitude.

"User Friendly"... Well... That's not correct. *USER* *FRIENDLY*
would be, if *everything* was turned on (as long as it doesn't
conflict). This would be user friendly, as a lot of stuff would
work faster - but it would also lead to *WAY* too fat systems,
which, some might say, isn't user friendly at all.

But, you're quite right, I also can't see why something
as arcane as emboss is in hte default set of USE flags.

Alexander Skwar