On 04/02/2018 08:47 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
If you haven't installed and maintained a gentoo system before, its a great way of building a solid foundation of knowledge.

Agreed.

Though I do think that reading the Linux from Scratch book and doing the install along with the book will likely teach more about Linux (as it existed at the time) than Gentoo does or will.

Nothing against Gentoo. It's just that I think that LFS goes into much more detail. (At least the last time I checked.)

If you have, then its a matter of taste, so try both and see what you like.

Yep.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die