On 11/04/18 15:02, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On one desktop I keep three Konsole windows open all the time, as in the
screen shot attached. I've found that I cannot move the central window to the
vertical centre of the screen: as I drag it up, or down, to the centre it
stops moving for a while and then jumps to a position beyond the centre.

You have enabled the "center snap zone" setting. Or perhaps it's enabled by default, I don't know.

Disable it in:

System Settings->Window Management->Window Behavior

It's in the "Moving" tab. Set it to 0 which will make it show "no center snap zone."