Mick wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 May 2018 10:48:06 BST Mick wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just discovered the last nss update broke things completely on mozilla
>> apps which use nss.  Firefox now refuses to connect to any site with https.
>>  Trying to load google.com brings up this error message:
>>
>> =============================
>> Your connection is not secure
>>
>> The website tried to negotiate an inadequate level of security.
>>
>> www.google.com uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to
>> attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be
>> safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you
>> can visit the site.
>>
>> Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY
>>
>> Have you noticed the same?
>
> OK, looking further into this problem, it was not an update, but a downgrade
> which caused it.  I had previously keyworded nss-3.36 which yesterday fell
> off
> the tree and portage downgraded nss to 3.29.5.  I keyworded and emerge 3.37
> and all works as it should again.  :-)

I ran into this as well.  There is a setting in about:config that you
can change that makes it work.  However, if you have a fix that is
better, your fix may be the best way.  I think it required disabling
something in about:config, which may not be good in the long run.

I may can dig up the link I found if you need it.

Dale

:-)  :-)