Wol's lists <antli...@youngman.org.uk> wrote:

> On 09/06/18 18:09, Rich Freeman wrote:
> > downsides as well, in particular it is certainly more complex and at
> > work we practically forbid any kind of windows ACLs at anything other
> > than the top mount level because it is so hard to control.
>
> Windows is better than POSIX?! That doesn't say much for POSIX then,
> seeing as I feel Windows ACLs are overly complex and difficult!

Well, "Windows ACLs" is the only ACL system that is standardized (as part of
the NFSv4 standard). The old proposal in POSIX.1e from 1993 from Sun has been
withdrawn in 1997 since the customers did not like it.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
    joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/