On 2018-07-01 11:57, Daniel Frey wrote:

> > Do you mind sharing your distcc setup?  I could not get it to work in
> > the way described in the wiki.

> What part were you having problems with?

I configured it to compile everything remotely (to just 1 server)
because it would be deterministic and so easier to test.  But the server
refused to compile anything at all; it complained about not being able
to obtain some lock.

I ought to disclose that the server is Debian.  But the distcc versions
on both sides were the same, and I hand-compiled a matching gcc version
on the server.

One thing I very much dislike about distcc is that there seems to be no
good way of using a full path to the compiler on the server that's
different from the one on the client.