Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Since upgrading sys-kernel/gentoo-sources from 4.9.95 to 4.14.52, I now get
> an
> error when trying to attach my trusty old Kyocera-Mita FS1020-D. Dmesg finds
> it, lsusb lists it, but when I use the KDE printer applet to add it, it isn't
> detected and the cups log shows "Unable to execute ippfind utility: No such
> file or directory".
>
> Reverting to 4.9.95 enables printing as usual. Is this a bug in 4.14.52, or
> have I misconfigured something?

I found this.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/610086

Does that give you any hints at a solution?  I found other links not
related to Gentoo but were also older problems.  I tend to start with
the most recent things when a previously working thing breaks.

Hope that helps because otherwise, I'm clueless.

Dale

:-)  :-)